PLANNING YOUR EVENT
The following are guidelines only. If you are unsure of anything please contact us. Also, feel free to discuss and negotiate your requirements with us.
SIZE OF GROUPS
We generally work with groups of up to about 60 teachers.
TIMETABLE AND LENGTH OF SESSIONS
We help you formulate a timetable factoring in both workshop sessions and break/lunch schedules, so as to achieve optimum results.
FACILITIES REQUIRED BY THE PRESENTER
- A hall (preferable) or a large room with empty floor space.
- An audio system or CD player to play music on.
- 10 clean rectangular tables to display shrine and other artefacts, and teaching resources shop, in situ upon arrival.
VENUE, SET-UP, AND ARRIVAL/DEPARTURE
- We need to arrive and commence set-up 2 hours before the first session starts. We need 1 hour to pack at the end of the event.
- To conserve time for setting up, please could we have some assistance in bringing in our equipment.
- Please could we also have some help with setting out our displays.
- We can also use some help with packing at the end of the event. We can engage up to four people. Please check with the tutor before packing anything, as they may need certain things packed a certain way, and may prefer to pack certain things themselves.
- We need the ten tables that we’ll be using for our displays to be situated in the presentation room before our arrival, and likewise, any chairs in the room should be stacked prior to our arrival so that we can start setting up displays without delay.
- For logistical reasons we require tables that are not needed for the lunch service.
- Round or irregular shaped tables are not ideal; standard rectangular classroom tables are excellent.
- If lunch is to take place in the presentation hall we will set up our displays close to the wall, allowing maximum room for the lunch service.
- There is not time to dismantle and reset the displays during lunchtime.
SAMPLE TRAINING EVENT AGENDAS
The following are just samples of some of the CPD and INSET agendas we have used. Click on the thumbnails to view specific images. From there you have the option to scroll through the gallery. Every training event is unique, so we will build your programme according to your specifics. Let us know if you would like to base your plan on one of these.